Global Affairs at the University of California, Davis
About Global Affairs
Global Affairs brings the world to UC Davis, welcoming more than 10,000 international students, scholars and leaders, and hosting programs that inspire global curiosity, understanding and engagement. Compelled by the valuable outcomes of thinking globally, we make transformative opportunities a reality by supporting the thousands of students and faculty learning and researching globally—and by facilitating collaborations that tackle the world’s most pressing challenges through more than 150 global partnerships.
Putting our vision of a UC Davis community that engages, thrives, and leads in this interconnected world into action, Global Affairs is in pursuit of an ambitious goal: Global Education for All.
Global Affairs Mission
To inspire global curiosity, understanding, and engagement.
Global Affairs Vision
We envision a UC Davis community that engages, thrives, and leads in an interconnected world.
What We Do
Vice Provost and Dean
- Engagement with Sustainable Development Goals
- Global Education for All
- Regional Engagement
Academic Programs and Partnerships
- Article 26 Backpack
- Faculty Programs
- International Agreements and Partnerships
- International Visits and Delegations
- International Academic Programs
- Global Professional Programs
- UC Davis Arab Region Consortium (UCDAR)
- UC Davis Chile Life Sciences Innovation Center (UC Davis Chile)
- Business and Finance
- Communications and Marketing
- Facilities (International Center)
- Human Resources
- Services for International Students and Scholars
- Travel Security
Awards and Recognition
UC Davis Earns APLU’s Platinum Award for Global Learning, Research and Engagement
The University of California, Davis, has been named as the only university to earn the 2020 Platinum Institutional Award for Global Learning, Research and Engagement from the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities, or APLU.
UC Davis Recognized with NAFSA’s Prestigious Simon Award for Campus Internationalization
UC Davis has been named one of only four U.S. universities to receive NAFSA’s 2020 Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Campus Internationalization. This honor is bestowed annually to leading higher education institutions for excellence in internationalization efforts—both on campus and across the world.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Developing Global Affairs and the International Center as the Physical, Virtual, and Metaphorical "Hub" for Global Engagement at UC Davis.
- Building the Capacity of All Members of the UC Davis Community to Succeed in an Interconnected World.
- Telling the UC Davis International Story: Improving Communications and Visibility.
See the full Global Affairs Strategic Plan
Stories of Global Aggies
Global Aggies are members of the UC Davis community who are living the Global Affairs mission: to inspire global curiosity, understanding, and engagement.