Program Dates: August 4-September 15, 2018
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST). Dates and times are subject to change without notice.
- Mid-March: Admission decision notifications released. Review and understand dates and deadlines for new freshmen.
- Mid-March: Summer Start application opens!
- May 1: Deadline to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)
- May 12: English Language Placement Exam (ELPE). Required for those who have not met the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR)
- June 1: Summer Start application deadline; submit additional materials requested by Admissions: ACT, AP, IB, SAT scores
- June 10: Registrar Form due
- June 15-20: Initial Summer Start course registration
- June 22: View bills for Summer Start tuition and fees online in MyBill
- June 30: Submit a photo for your UC Davis AggieCard to receive it upon arrival
- Late June: Deadline to apply for first year residence hall and pay $500 deposit
- June & July: Pass 1 fall registration
- July 1: Recommended deadline to arrange payment for Summer Start tuition and fees
- July 1: Deadline to submit official final high school and college transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions
- Early July: Arrange transportation to Davis
- July 15: Deadline to pay Summer Start tuition and fees. Failure to submit payment will result in a $110 late fee and summer courses being dropped.
- July 15: Deadline for Summer housing payment, Summer Start pre-arrival forms, and official ACT, AP, IB, SAT scores to Undergraduate Admissions; deadline to enroll in health insurance (period of coverage must include August 4 - September 24)
- July 15-17: Summer Registration Freeze. No summer course changes are allowed.
- July 16: Initial Drop for Non-Payment for Summer Start courses
- July 18: Course registration for Summer Start re-opens.
- August 4: Summer Start begins. Move into residence halls
- August 6: First day of Summer Start classes
- August 10: Last day to add Summer Start classes
- August 10: Waitlist ends
- August 13: Deadline to cancel summer classes with a refund
- August 13: Deadline to pay late fee and any outstanding tuition and fees for summer. Use the account detail on MyBill to determine the amount due.
- August 14: Final drop for non-payment. Students with an unpaid outstanding balance will be dropped from their summer classes
- Late August: Fall residence hall room assignments released.
- Early September: Pass 2 registration for fall courses
- September 12-14: Summer final exams
- September 15: Last day of Summer Start. Deadline to submit Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) waiver application. Deadline to pay fall tuition
- September 15-21: Interim period between Summer and Fall; housing available at additional cost in residence halls; optional California Road Trip
- September 21-23: Residence halls open for fall move-in
- September 24: Fall Quarter begins
- September 26: Fall Quarter instruction begins
- September 28: Summer grades released