Summer Course Registration
Starting in June you will receive an email with specific information about your Summer Start course options. These options will be based on your various test scores and college and major requirements. Use this guide to register for your courses online, and remember to take a minimum of 8 units and a maximum of 10.
- Receive course recommendations by email in early June. You must receive approval before registering in any courses.
- Login to Schedule Builder and Summer Session 2 2018. Open registration is Monday-Friday 6:00am to 12 midnight and Saturday/Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Find California time.
- Use the Course Registration Numbers (CRNs) in your email to select and register for your courses. If your recommended courses are full, you should use the waitlist option. A waitlist puts you in line to join the course when space becomes available. Please be sure, however, to register for at least 8 units total.
- Tip! Search by CRN, not by class title.
- Review and make changes to your course schedule through Schedule Builder anytime during Open Registration.
- If you are on the waitlist for a course, you will be automatically enrolled when a seat becomes available. However, you are responsible for dropping any courses that you no longer need.
- Check MyBill regularly for your account balance, especially after making course changes. Adding or dropping units will impact your balance.
- Full payment for all registered summer units is due by July 15. If your payment is not received by the deadline, you will be dropped from all your courses and charged a $110 late fee.
- Wire transfers can take 10-14 business days so make your payments well in advance; business days are Monday-Friday.
- We recommend sending payment no later than July 1.
Fall Course Registration
In June or July, you will register for fall quarter classes at the same time as other freshmen in your college. Check your UC Davis email for important messages from advisors in your College Dean’s Office.
Pass 1 Appointments for New Freshmen:
- Biological Sciences (CBS) - June 26
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES) - July 10
- Letters and Science (LS) - July 24
- Engineering (COE) - July 24
- Learn more about the four colleges and pass times.
- Check the Pre-Arrival Guide for International Students often for new videos. Fall registration is covered in Module 2.
- Monitor your UC Davis email for messages from the advisor in your College Dean’s Office. Attend their online advising sessions and prepare questions. Remember your pass time and do not miss it! Find California time (PDT).
- Login to Schedule Builder and select Fall Quarter 2018 during your pass time.
- Use the resources provided by your College Dean’s Office advisor to select and register for your courses. If your recommended courses are full, you should use the waitlist option, but be sure to register for at least 13 units total.
- If you are on the waitlist for a course, you will be automatically enrolled when a seat becomes available, and you are responsible for dropping any courses that you no longer need.
- During Summer Start, you will meet in person with the academic advisor in your College Dean’s Office.
- This is a golden opportunity to discuss your schedule and UC Davis requirements in more detail.
- You can make changes to your course schedule online during Pass 2 appointments (August 20-31) and open registration (September 1-14).
- Check MyBill regularly for your account balance, especially after making course changes. Full payment for all registered fall units is due on September 15.
- You will be dropped from your courses if payment is not on time.