Most international undergraduates coming to UC Davis use the F-1 student visa. Applicants will receive a direct link from UC Davis to submit documents after applying for the program. Read the steps below carefully to secure your visa:
- Request a document called an I-20.
- To prepare for your request, collect financial documents and obtain a valid passport. Planning ahead and allowing several months processing time is essential.
- After your request is reviewed, you will receive your I-20 by the shipping method you choose. Your I-20 should show a program start date of August 2, 2019.
- Schedule an appointment at your nearest U.S. consulate for your visa interview to obtain your F-1 visa.
- With your F-1 visa and I-20, you will be able to enter the United States for Summer Start and continue your studies in fall quarter.
Visit SISS’ Newly Admitted Students page for more information.
Students with U.S. citizenship or another visa status should contact Summer Start for assistance by emailing email@example.com.