Most international undergraduates coming to UC Davis use the F-1 student visa. Program applicants will receive a link from UC Davis to begin the visa process after submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Students accepted to Summer Start can expect the following process to secure an F-1 visa.
- Make sure you have your student ID and Kerberos passphrase.
- Collect financial documents and obtain a valid passport.
- Request an I-20 by logging on to iGlobal starting April 8, 2020.
- Receive I-20 by the chosen shipping method. The I-20 should show a program start date of July 31, 2020.
- Schedule an appointment at the nearest U.S. consulate for the visa interview.
- With the F-1 visa and I-20, enter the United States for Summer Start and continue into fall quarter.
Students with U.S. citizenship or another status should contact Summer Start for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.